Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some Allie-isms

Kyle seems to be getting all the face time so far, so I'll share some of Allie's recent funnies.

The other day she was helping me put laundry away and she found some of my underwear. She said "Mommy, are these your giant underwear?" I said they were mine, and she sighed and said "I don't know why your butt is so big."

Thanks, Kid.

She also announced about two weeks ago "Mommy I love you. I love you way much--one hundred dollars."

I also had to try to explain invisibility to her the other night. On Tom and Jerry, Jerry drank invisible ink and disappeared and she was baffled. They showed an apple floating across the room and she kept saying "Is Jerry IN that apple?" She was totally confused. I tried to explain to her that he was there, but we just couldn't see him, but I don't think she got it.

Then she was asking David what was behind the mirror and he went into this long explanation about how mirrors work and how it's like a tv screen and then she said "Memaw's mirror has shelves behind it." It turned out all she wanted to know was if we had a medicine cabinet behind our mirror. (we don't). Sometimes a simple explanation is all they need!

No comments: